Brats, Beer and Bed

Posted on 3:38 PM | By Biki Honko | In

"Hello!  My name is Celeste. How may I help you?"  She was a tall woman, dressed all in black, which seemed to me a rather odd color for the sales persons to wear at a bridal shop.

"Umm, I'm just looking around right now."

"When is your wedding date?"

"Oh!  We umm haven't chosen one yet."  The sales lady looked down at my hand and saw the engagement ring on my finger and her look eased.  I hurried to say, "Yeah, we just decided to get married recently, and just haven't chosen a date yet.  But mostly likely in the late fall or early winter."

"That doesn't give you much time.  Would you like to try on a few gowns today?"

And just like that, I mean her question was perfectly normal and usual, but the thought of what I was about to do, hit home.  I was going to have a ceremony and marry Derrick.  Ok, ok, it's not like it's legal or anything, but we ARE going to pledge our love and support to each other, in reality it will be a true marriage, with the three of us.  My face must have lost color, or I looked kinda off, because suddenly I had people helping me to a chair, and a glass of water was pressed into my hand.

"Ah, reality just hit home.  It happens to a brides all the time, nothing to be embarrassed about!  I'll let you sit here with your friends and regroup."

"Lisa!  What am I doing?  I mean really, can I do this?  Can we do this?  OMG!  What am I thinking of doing?"

"Shhh, it's ok!  You don't have to do this right now.  It was just a suggestion that's all!"

"No, no you two were very right.  We need to make Derrick feel like he belongs with us, just not a tacked on third wheel.  Having a wedding will show Derrick that we do love him, and want him.  It's just….scary."

I stood up and instantly the sales lady scurried over, "Have you decided if you want to look at gowns today?"

"Yes, I would."

"Do you have a price point in mind?"

"Ahh, I guess around $2,000 or so I guess."

"Do you have a style in mind?"  
"Oh!  Umm, something very non traditional would be best I think."

"Can you clarify a bit more please?"

"Umm, well….. something very modern I think.  No big pouffy dresses, or with any beading, no lace.  Simple in style i think would be better."

"If you would follow me, I think I know a few dresses that would fit the parameters that you have given me."

The three of us followed the sales lady like little duckings, over to a rack that had several dresses on it.  She turned the hangers on the rail to better showcase the dresses.  A few of them were instant no's.  And then she pulled out a dress that screamed to me 'Try me on!'

"I would like to try on this one please."

"Very good, please follow me to the dressing room."  She turned to Lisa and Nicki saying, "You ladies may sit here and wait for us to return."

And just like that we were off to the dressing room, my heart was in the throat the whole time, thinking how different I felt this time than the last time I was was trying on wedding dresses.  Then I was giddy, and bubbling over with excitement.  Now, the feeling was more in the line of…….uncertainty.  I had grown to love Derrick, and recently the thought of having sex with him had entered my mind.  He was sexy as hellz, and had a build on him that was nothing short of breathtaking.  But, I know he didn't have any sexual interest with me, or does he?  I know there have been a few kisses between us that have bordered on, well steamy.  Which made Ben glow with happiness.  Is there something that hubby-of-mine isn't telling me?  Was Derrick possibly interested in having sex with me?  Whoa!  That puts a whole new spin on things!  It was then that I realized that the sales lady was speaking to me.

"I'm sorry, I seemed to have wandered off mentally for a minute.  What did you say?"

Celeste smiled at me saying, "That's a very common thing for brides to do.  I asked you how long have you known your fiancee?"

"Umm, around 4 months."

"Love at first sight then, yeah?"

Thinking of how Ben had come home totally besotted with Derrick, I answered, "Yes, it was love at first sight.  We have been together almost continually since then."  Only the truth, not a single lie in the whole sentence!

"This dress fits you like a glove!  I don't think it will require any tailoring."

As she finished  doing up the back of the dress, I gathered up my brave to look at me in the mirror, and was stunned at my reflection.  I looked……beautiful.  I've never thought that I was very pretty, no matter what Ben tells me, but in this dress, it was as if I was looking at an enhanced version of myself.  I just stood there, looking at my reflection, rather taken aback at what I was seeing.  My mother had pretty much chosen my wedding dress the last time, and it wasn't really me, but this, this was me.

"From the look on your face this is your gown."

"I'm in shock!  I feel like a bride in this!  It……it…..wow!"

Celeste broke into giggles saying, "Yes, I would say it is your dress.  Shall we show your friends?"

"Yes!!!"  And at that, Celeste opened the door to the dressing room, and off we went to show Lisa and Nicki.  As I rounded the corner, a huge gasp came from both Lisa and Nicki, they jumped off the sofa and surrounded me, chattering and crying.  Lisa kept patting me on the cheek, as she wiped her tears with her other hand.  Nicki handed me several tissues, because for some unknown reason I was crying!  Crying!  Over a dress!  Me!

After we stood there for a while crying and looking at me in the large mirror, Celeste asked me if I wanted to purchase this dress.  'I mean really?  Was she certifiable or what?  Of course I wanted to buy this dress!'  But very calmly I responded, "Yes, I do believe I want this dress."

Back into the dressing room to take off the dress, and I felt a little pang of sadness in having to remove the dress.  I had never felt about a dress this way before.  My other wedding dress while very pretty was so not my style, it was covered in beads, and lace and was very ornate, with a huge pouffy skirt.  I felt like a wedding cake topper in that dress.  But this dress is me, and I think it will reflect both Ben and Derrick as well.

Celeste put the gown into a bag and I wrote the check out for $2,499.00.  Yes, it was more than I was planning on spending, but that dress was worth it!  I flew out of the salon, my feet barely touching the ground, when a thought wiggled it's way past the gown euphoria, I guess it's up to me to propose!

"Well, our very nontraditional lives are going to be even more nontraditional this evening."

Lisa gave me a funny sideways look asking, "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I guess it's going to be me that is going to do the proposing.  Do you think I need a ring for that?"

Lisa and Nicki almost fell down laughing at me.  I just stopped and let them wind down from their laughing fit, and every time I would open my mouth to say something, off they would go again!  Giving up on getting any reasonable conversation out of them, I just walked away.  Hmm, I could take them out to eat, someplace all swanky and romantic and propose to them.  Or, I could just order a raft of pizza and have a keg of beer handy and slip my proposal in between slices and gulps.  'Mommy tell me how you asked Daddies to marry you.  Well, they had both eaten around 2 pizzas and had a nice buzz on from all of the beer they drank…'  Yeah that sounded real romantic!  Sighing and shaking my head I decided to let my wedding gown euphoria fade for a few days and then see whats what, who knows maybe some opportune moment will present itself to me.

On the way home I asked Lisa, "Would you mind keeping the dress at your home?  Nicki I would ask you but if Alex found it he might spill the beans to Ben before I'm ready for him to know."

"Oh!  I wouldn't want the dress at my house, Alex would find it to be sure, and he'd forget and say something to Ben about it."

"Sure, no problem with me keeping the dress at my place.  I just hope when my mom comes to visit she doesn't find it and jump to conclusions."  Lisa shuddered just thinking about having to explain to her mom that no she still hadn't found the 'one' to spend the rest of her days with. "Speaking of moms, what are you going to do about your mom?  You have any intention of patching things up with her, or are things between the two of you broken for good?"

"No." I sighed, "Things aren't broken for good, at least not on my side.  I just really needed some space to let my feelings cool down enough to talk to her.  Before now I might have just punched her.  But the wedding thing might just set her off again, so we will see."

"Well, I wish you the best of luck.  You know Ben's parents haven't softened up towards him after all these years, hopefully your mom is smarter than that.  When I married Alex, his parents seemed so nice, when they threw Ben out and never relented it totally changed my feelings towards them.  After Alex grew up and realized what he had done, he'd tried to talk to his parents about Ben and they would get up and leave if they were at our home!  Both of them would just stand up and walk out."

"I hate to ask this, but have you seen them recently?  If Ben were to go in person, would that change anything?"

"Abby, I would love to tell you they are just waiting for him to walk in and that everything would be just fine.  If they knew that he was married to a woman, that might soften them up, but now with Derrick in the picture and you too, don't even try.  It sounds harsh and I know it, but really just save Ben the heartache, ok?"

Sighing again for the millionth time about how Ben's parents just threw him away when he didn't conform to their standard of acceptable behavior.  And now my mom has to be added to that list of parents who throw their children away when they deviate from the accepted script. "Yeah, I hate it when he thinks about them, he will be down for days, and nothing anyone can say to him makes the least bit of difference.  He just has to work it out on his own.  I wonder if Derrick's mom will come to the wedding?  I know her husband is a real bastard, but maybe she isn't with him any longer?  It couldn't hurt to send an invitation, yeah?"

"Yeah, it's not like they have a close relationship now, so how on earth could it hurt?  I would sent one and see what happens.  Pffft!  I would send one along to Ben's parents as well.  Like how on earth could it ever make things worse?  And it might be kinda fun to poke at them and get them all stirred up!"  Nicki had a very mischievous look on her face,  I will have to remember to watch this one, she can be full of the devil!

"So, I wonder who we should invite?  There are several people at both Ben's and my work that are out and most everyone is cool about it.  We used to have over a bunch of people from our work in the summers for cook outs, with Derrick in the mix we just haven't felt very comfortable about it.  Hmm, it sounds like the first plan of attack is to start having parties again."

Lisa cleared her throat and said, "Well, umm the thing is, being gay or lesbian is more understood than this will be.  So, don't expect everyone to greet you with open arms, ok?  I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Oh, I know!  We are definitely out of the norm being a triplet.  There will be a whole lot of people who I'm sure that we think of as our friends, that won't be when they find out.  I just hope it wont cause issues with us at work…..sigh."

"Do you think it would come to that?"  Nicki  asked with a  worried look on her face.

"It might, I don't know.  We will just have to see how this plays out I guess, and be cautious about who we tell."

When we got back to my house the guys were all out on the patio drinking beer and grilling brats and burgers.  Oh the smell was heavenly!  I kept catching glances that my two fellas kept sliding back and forth with each other.  Ok, there was mischief afoot to be sure, but what I had no idea.  The look on Ben's face was one I don't think I've ever seen before.  Derrick wouldn't meet my eyes at all, huh…. I wonder how easy he will be to pry this out of him?  Ben is a total vault when it comes to secrets, he never lets any thing slip.  ………..sigh………I do so hate secrets, unless I'm privy to them!

I usually am not a beer drinker but there isn't any thing better than a big juicy brat with onions on a poppy seed roll with a cold dark bitter beer.  As the night wore on Rich and Lisa seemed to be getting rather friendly, hmm….. is there a romance brewing between those two?  Cool!  Rich is a super nice guy, and Lisa is the best ever.  I think they would mesh really well.

All to soon it was time for everyone to go home, I hated to see them go, we had such a good time tonight.  The night was one of those perfect evenings, it had cooled down a bit, but the sky was clear and the moon was full and was bathing the back yard in enough light that we turned off the patio lights.  Ben sat down next to Derrick on the love seat, and Derrick pulled me down to sit on them both.  I had a pretty good buzz going and the thought that had been pinging around in my head all afternoon about having sex with Derrick popped back into the front of my mind.  Turning my head towards Derrick I proceeded to give things a try, and to see if I could get a rise out of him. At first he was very hesitant with me, and then he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in tighter and intensified the kiss until we were really making out.  Whoa!  I felt Ben reach around me, and ran his hands under my shirt, unhooked my bra and he started playing with my nipples, which always fired me up .  Feeling rather brave, I dropped my hand from his neck down to his crotch, he was hard!  I started rubbing his dick through his pants, he seemed to be enjoying me rubbing him from the noises he was making.  Suddenly I was being lifted into his lap, and his thighs tensed as he gathered himself to stand up holding me in his arms.  Derrick slowly let me slip down to the patio flagging, Ben grabbed both of our hands and pulled us into the house and down the hall into our bedroom. Both of them began working me and themselves out of our clothing.  Ben was kissing me, kissing Derrick, and then for a brief moment there were no hands on me, and I stood there swaying drunk on desire.  Ben was hastily stripping the bed of all the blankets and the top sheet and then they were pulling me down on the bed with them.

I was pulled up on top of Derrick on my knees with my thighs spread and Ben came up behind me tonguing me and stroking Derrick.  I was still madly kissing Derrick, ohhhh!  Ben started rimming me and I felt Derricks dick slip into me as Ben kept rimming me.  And then I felt cold up against my pucker and felt a finger go in.  Ben's going to fuck me the same time as Derrick?  I felt Ben slowly carefully slip inch by inch in, and then they both paused letting me adjust to the both of them being inside me.  And then Ben slowly pulled out of me, and Derrick pushed in!  From that point on I don't think I had a conscious thought, I was totally blissed out with sex.  When my orgasm came I don't think that I had ever had one that strong or that long.  Ben came first and Derrick shortly followed.  I collapsed onto Derrick's chest, both of us breathing heavily, totally covered in sweat, what portion was my own I couldn't say.  Ben was laying next to us, covered in sweat and panting .  Wow!  I could get used to this!  If this was to be a taste of what having Derrick in our lives, I was all for it!  I slid off of Derrick to snuggle between them, warm, sated and feeling very much loved.

Ben started quietly laughing, I was wondering why he would be laughing now.  Before I could ask him Ben said, "Well!  What a way to lose your virginity Derrick.  I wonder how many people have lost their cherry in a three way?"

"Wait, what?  You've never ever had sex with a girl before?"

"Umm, no……you were my first"

"Whoa!  Really?"

"Yeah."

"Tell her the truth Derrick."

"Truth?"  I turned my head to look at Derrick, who looked really uncomfortable, and I have a hunch that if it wasn't so dark in the room, I would be able to see him blushing a bright red.

"Ahh….well….umm….you are the first girl I've ever kissed."

"Whoa!"  I laid there all safe and happy when a wiggling though started squirming through my thoughts…….hmm.  "Soo, does that mean your not gay after all, but bi like Ben?"

"No, I don't think so. I think it's that………that…..I've fallen in love with you…..ahh yeah."

"Honestly?  Cool!  You know what?  I've fallen in love with you too!"

"Don't tease me Abby."

"I'm not!"  I wiggled around so that I was sitting, ugh!  I was going to need a shower and soon, but first things needed to be cleared up.  "Would you like to know what I bought today?"  I sat and waited for them to think of what I could have bought that would have any relevance to our topic at hand. As usual when I went off on a tangent they were totally lost so I decided to enlighten them by saying,  "Today I bought a wedding gown, so that we could have a ceremony celebrating our love for each other."

Ben and Derrick burst out laughing, and now I was the one confused.  They both reached out and pulled me down between them again Ben kissed the top of my head saying, "Dearest, why we are laughing our heads off is that we decided to ask if you would marry the two of us.  And the sex was supposed to let you know how Derrick felt about you, but once again you are ahead of us."

Ah!  Now I knew what the looks meant that they kept shooting between each other earlier in the evening.  Ok, and that's why Derrick couldn't meet my eyes, he was worried and shy.  Sighing with happiness I just enjoyed being snuggled in between the two, when I just had to ask a question, "So, does this mean we will never have sex as a twosome, in any combination?"

Ben hugged me closer, and Derrick snuggled up tighter against me, and Ben said, "No, I for one don't want to give up concentrating on just one partner at a time.  Derrick do you feel the same way too?"

"Yeah.  Umm…….Abby?  While I enjoyed what we just did……I don't know how often I'll want to make love with you, is that ok?  Ahh……what I mean is that I really enjoyed it, but I still prefer having sex with Ben………are you……are you….mad at me now?"

"Mad?  Me?  At you?  Nope not one little bit!  Really, ok?  Honestly."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, no worries, yeah?"

A big whole body sigh came from Derrick.  Ok, I made one boy really happy tonight!  He kissed the back of my neck, and he ran his hand up and down Ben's back, while Ben was caressing Derrick's thigh and ass and kissing me softly.  This felt so….so…..right?  I know the average person would think we are sick, and possibly even depraved.  But how can love ever be wrong?


Umm, it's so nice to relax for a few minutes before getting up, so different from the way I have to do during the work week.  Then the alarm jumps me out of bed running and I don't seem to come to a rest until I'm in the shower scrubbing off the dirt and grime from the mine.  I rolled over and snuggled up against Ben pushing my dick into the crack of his ass.  Umm, I wonder if we will get a chance to play today?  Wow, that was something last night!  I never thought I would ever want to have sex with a woman, ever!  I don't think it's going to be something that I do very often, it was enjoyable and all, but just not…..what…? I'm not really sure, just that while it had been really hot and all yet some thing was missing, what I have no idea.  I had finally gotten up the nerve to talk to Ben about my confusion about wanting to have sex with Abby.  He understood my feelings or rather the swirl of emotions that no matter how I held them up to the light, just wouldn't come into any sort of a recognizable pattern for me.  He was right on the money when he told me it was the love i felt for Abby that was giving me sexual thoughts about her.  Some times Ben can sure be a little shit!  To lay there and chuckle about me losing my virginity in a three way, sheesh!  But, I mean like how hot was last night?  I could feel Ben's dick through Abby, so it was like I was having sex with him as well….mmmm, and now I'm really horny.  I wonder how Ben would take to being woke up for a little play time? Just as this thought floated by, I felt Ben push back against me, hey!  It looks like its play time after all!  We quietly slipped out of bed, and into the guest room, so as not to wake Abby, she does enjoy sleeping late on the weekends.

Laying in bed and cuddling after sex is something I really enjoy.  For me, the cuddling changes it from just plain scratching an itch sex, to sharing love with each other.  I know a lot of guys don't, and drift off to sleep right after they cum, so I was glad to find out that Ben enjoyed cuddling as much as I do.

We were softly kissing, and lightly caressing each other when Ben pulled slightly away from me to say,  "That Abby!  I swear in all the time I've know her, she has always been one step ahead of me.  What do you think about her buying a wedding gown?"

I searched his face to see what he was really feeling, and I only saw love in his eyes, I kissed him softly and deeply and then responded, "She sure does take the cake.  She pushed you out of the house to get some 'man love' and then pushed us both to have me move in, and now she more or less proposed to us both!"

"Ha ha ha!  That's my wife!  Never underestimate her, cause it will bite you in the butt every time!  Seriously though, how do you feel about getting married, to us?"

"I love you, and want to spend the rest of my days with you, I thought you understood that."

"No, no I do know you love me."  Ben kissed me then asked, "Abby?  Do you love her enough to marry her?"

"Yes, I do love her, a great deal.  Just differently than I love you.  Before last night I would have said I love her like a sister, but now?  Umm, I don't know how to classify it, all I do know, is that I love her."

"Derrick?  If something were to happen to me, would you stay with her?"

"Of course!  I couldn't leave her alone, we could comfort each other.  What brought that up?"

"Oh, nothing really, just idle curiosity I guess."  About that time my stomach rumbled loudly and Ben starting laughing.  Why my being hungry was fodder for laughter with everyone is totally beyond me.  "It sounds like someone is complaining about the delay of breakfast.  What time is it anyway?"

I lifted my head to see the clock, "Nine thirty, why?"

"Go grab a quick snack, then we'll shower, and get Miss Sleepy Head out of bed and go to brunch, sound good?"

"Oh yeah!"  And like a shot I was out of bed and making a bee line for the kitchen!  Brunch!  I love brunch!  Its the best of both worlds, breakfast and dinner all on one plate!  What's not to love?  I toasted two waffles and fried an egg to sandwich in-between them, and added a dollop of syrup, ummm heaven!  I carried my snack back to the guest room where Ben was sitting on the bed looking at something on his phone.  "What's ya doing?"  I plopped down next to him still chewing my way through my waffle-wich.

"Looking at the calendar for a date for the wedding."  At that he looked up at me, and wrinkled his face up, the egg yolk was leaking out from the waffle along with the syrup, and I was busily licking the drips up between bites.  "What in the hell are you eating?"

"Umm a waffle-wich.  Wanna bite?"

"Waffle-wich?"

"Yeah a waffle sandwich with a fried egg, why?"

"I swear you eat the weirdest things!"

"Yup!  And you know you love it!"

"I don't know about that, but I do know I love you.  And if you weren't eating that disgusting wich thing, I would kiss you.  Oh what the hell, kiss me anyway."  After a few kisses Ben sighed and said, "Ok, ok, if it's anything like whats on your lips its pretty good."

"Ha ha!  Score!"

We showered and got sleepy miss out of bed, and ready to go.  Ben who I swear is more organized that any other person I'd ever met, had called ahead for reservations for brunch.  He said it would help push Abby along, he was right as usual.  I'm going to have to be careful so that he doesn't know how right he is all the time!  He could get a really big head from that.

I hadn't ever been to this restaurant before, it was in one of the large downtown hotels and from what Ben and Abby were saying, it was known for serving the best brunch, and in a large city that was saying something, or so they told said.  I was rather surprised to find that I had to dress up for brunch, now that was a first!  The surroundings were very elegant, and I felt very out of place.  I mean get real, I'm a welder from Smalltown USA, I bet most of these people were doctors and lawyers and such.

Abby must have noticed my unease because she leaned into me and whispered, "Derrick honey, look around you, your clothing is just as nice as theirs, the only difference is that you look miles better in yours!  And welding is just as good as being a so called professional, you understand?  Now you hold your head up, and be proud of who you are."

"Really?"

"Yes, really.  Now calm down and act like you belong here, because you do, ok?"

"I'll try, yeah."  Ben overheard our little exchange and winked and smiled.  We were shown to our table and as we followed the host, I noticed that I was dressed as nice as everyone else was, all due to Abby and her killer shopping spree a while back.  It was very nice to not be embarrassed about how I was dressed.

The brunch was amazing!  There were some things that I didn't recognize but I was brave and tried little tastes of most of them, and most of it was wonderful.  I did see the evil prosciutto, and gave it a wide berth, no way that evil spoiled meat is coming any where near my mouth ever again!  Bleech!  Those silly people ruined perfectly good melon by wrapping prosciutto around it!

We were down to sipping coffee while we nibbled our pastries when Ben said, "So, does anyone have any idea when would be a good date for our ceremony?"

"Umm, well…..remember us talking about babies?  I'm getting a bad case of baby blues.  I'd really like to start trying as soon as possible.  Is that ok with you both?"  Abby looked rather worried about how we were going to respond.

"Honey, its ok with me.  I have noticed you looking at babies, and when you do, your face is full of longing.  I'd love to have a houseful of babies.  You will make a wonderful mommy.  Derrick what do you think?"

"Babies?  I would love to be a daddy.  You both will make great parents no doubt about it at all in my mind.  However, I do have a request to make about us having children, well more about the raising of them would be more exact.  If we have babies I think we should try to arrange our working lives so that they will be raised by us, not by strangers.  Abby, I don't mean for you to be a full time stay at home mom, I understand that your career is important to you."

"Derrick?  The reason we waited to have children was because we wanted me to stay home and take care of our own children.  We needed to pay off our student loans, pay off most of our debt and build up a decent cushion in our savings account, so that we could afford to live on just one income.  But now money isn't an issue, right?  That money I spent on the wedding gown was the first frivolous money either of us had spent in how long Ben?"

"Oh, three years maybe?  I'm not real sure to be honest, but yeah it's been a long while since we just splashed cash around.  Derrick, I know we kinda talked around this subject before but I think we really need to sit down and soon and be honest and truthful about blending our three incomes."

"Well, if you don't mind talking about it now because the way I look at it is really very simple, we are a triplet and what I have is yours and what you have is mine. Is that how you two would like to handle this?"

"Are you sure that's how you would like to handle this?"

"Yes, I'm very sure."  I looked at both of them before I continued with, "I thought that was what marriage was about?  The sharing of everything?"

Ben looked satisfied with my answer which was a good sign, and he responded with, "Well, it should be, but more and more couples aren't handling their incomes that way."

"Then they are holding a part of themselves back as far as I'm concerned.  Almost as if they are expecting the marriage not to work."

"Ok, ummm I have another possible monkey wrench to throw into the machinery.  We need a bigger house.  Even if we get rid of the office, that will only give us one extra bedroom.  And our yard is rather small as well, not much room for a swing set and still have much room for them to just run around and play.  I would love to have a vegetable garden too."

"Abby you are right, our house is rather on the small side.  But anything larger will come with a small yard and a huge price tag."

My mind was running at full tilt wondering how we could get more house for much less money.  "Now, hang on a moment.  How about we look at some of the older housing developments?  The houses from the 40's and 30's had huge yards."

"Yeah, but the houses are usually a lot smaller, and wouldn't it need a great deal of upkeep?"

"Abby are you are right, the houses were much smaller, however we could re-model the house to work for us.  If we can find one with a large yard that would support all that we want to have outside without an addition cramping things to much I think that would be the perfect option.  Ben how handy are you with a hammer?"

"Not to bad, as long as it's fairly straight forward.  I did build the patio, and I refinished all of the floors in our house."

"Abby, how about you?"

"Me?  I did all of the painting, and I can do little stuff, but not much really, why?"

"Because the more we do ourselves the cheaper it'll be."

"Oh, well then how about your talents Derrick?"  Abby had her head leaned to the side which I had learned meant that she was totally focused.

"I took every shop class they offered, and worked summers with a old guy who did remodeling for a living.  I can do everything but wiring, which I refuse to do."

Ben gave Abby a long look before he said, "If we do this, the deed should be in all three of our names.  Are you two agreeable with this?"  Ben waited for Abby and I to both agree and then he continued, "Ok that's one hurdle down.  Do we look for a house now, or do we wait until we are married?"

"I think we should start looking as soon as possible."

"Yeah, I think Derrick has the right idea.  Hey let's head on home, we can all get our computers out and start looking for houses and realtors, ok?"

Ben nodded his head and said, "Sounds good to me, I wear a tie enough during the week, I don't want to wear one during the weekend if I can help it."

"Did you know that the tie was invented in Croatia?"  At the burst of laughter from Abby and Ben I sighed, I keep coming out with random facts that always make people laugh at me, and I have no idea why…….

As we turned the last corner on the way home, we saw a car sitting in the driveway, and as we got closer Abby gasped out, "Oh good lord, it's mom!"